Opportunities & Development
Our aim is to enhance knowledge and skills and to keep abreast of new developments within the physiotherapy environment through continued education.
- In-service training in the form of a monthly training session for all physiotherapists. The training sessions are presented by either a member of our staff or an invited guest presenter (doctors, radiologists, specialists from South Africa)
- Membership access to the Physiopedia website for our physiotherapists to ensure alternative opportunities and access to other courses and research material. We encourage our staff to attend accredited lectures.
- Training to nurses and porters on various topics
- Lectures to corporates and schools on ergonomics and other relevant topics. We participate in radio talks and write articles for the Namibian Society of Physiotherapy on physiotherapy related topics in Namibia and encourage evidence-based documentation of our treatment outcomes.
- Intern accredited practice in Windhoek, which provides supervision and nurturing by our senior physiotherapists to assist intern physiotherapists to develop to their full potential
- Quality assurance guidelines which we follow and monitor with all physiotherapists and administrative staff members.
Our physiotherapists work in both an out-patient and hospital environment. In the hospital setting our physiotherapists attend to patients with orthopaedic, neurological, surgical, gynaecological, cardiac, medical, pulmonary conditions and in the intensive care unit.
In the outpatient setting our physiotherapists attend to predominantly orthopaedics and sport injuries (including post operative), respiratory conditions, cardiac rehabilitation and chronic neurology patients.
Current Job Opportunities
Newly qualified physiotherapist, with a 4 year qualification, who has either just graduated or has done the community service year in South Africa.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethics, who is dependable and responsible, possesses a positive attitude, is adaptable, self-motivated, is willing to learn and grow, with strong self-confidence, is professional and loyal.
We offer exposure to all areas of physiotherapy, from acute to chronic, from orthopaedics, neurosurgery, general surgery, cardiac surgery to final rehabilitation, all medical conditions, respiratory conditions, sport injuries and rehabilitation, exercise classes, burns and general neurological conditions in and out of hospital.
We work very closely with the specialists and all other paramedical disciplines.
We offer a market related salary, and provide the mentoring to pass the qualifying exam for full registration with the Health Professions Council of Namibia (HPCNA).
Physiotherapist must register with the HPCNA to be able to work in Namibia. Non-Namibians need to be in possession of a valid work permit.
Send your full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org